Planning yourfirst trip to Costa Rica? Don’t know where to start? Maybe you have a week and want a nice variety of what Costa Rica offers: beaches, nature, volcanoes, culture. Here’s a list of suggestions that shows you a bit of everything.
1. BEACH: With two coastlines, Costa Rica offers a collection of gorgeous beaches. One of our favorite beaches is Flamingo. Many call it the most beautiful beach in Costa Rica – which is saying a lot. Swimming is good here. The village is developed, with tourist services, good restaurants nightlife, and nice lodging options. Sportfishing is big here, too, and the action extends inland with great hiking and views.
2. RAINFOREST: Costa Rica’s protected areas encompass more than 25% of the country’s total landmass. One of these areas, the Pacuare reserve, provides sanctuary of over 25,000 acres rain forest where visitors can find a surprising biodiversity due to the unique geographic, topographic and climatic conditions in the area.
3. CULTURE: Come for nature, experience its rich culture and traditions, mascaradas, museums, indigenous legacy. Spend a day in downtown San José, we suggesst to visit the National Theater, grab lunch at its Alma de Café restaurant and then stroll through the Plaza de la Cultura, where the Gold museum houses one of the largest collections of pre-Columbian gold pieces in the world. The National Museum is another option to the Gold Museum.
4. FOOD: There’s quite a variety of mouth watering local cuisine: Ceviche, tortillas, gallo pinto, fresh fruits. Casado is a very popular dish which consists of white rice with a side of black beans, a vegetable side, and a choice of fish fillet, grilled chicken, pork chop, steak. For coffee lovers, there’s plenty of reshly brewed Costa Rican coffee!
5. FAUNA: Costa Rica is home to more than 500,000 species, which represents nearly 4% of the total species estimated worldwide. With the help of a knowledgable guide, you will be able to spot a sloth, toucans, red eyed tree frogs, capuchin monkeys and many more of its inhabitants. Costa Rica is the perfect destination for birdwatchers!
6. VISIT A VOLCANO: Irazú and Poás volcanoes are two of Costa Rica’s top attractions. One of our favorites is Arenal volcano, with a perfect conical shape.. While the volcano is without a doubt the main attraction, the area surrounding it has a wide range of excellent adventure activities, as well as hot springs, waterfalls and more. It is a worthwhile destination and a must for any travel itinerary.
7. WHITE WATER RAFTING: There are many rivers flowing through Costa Rica. Pacuare is our top choice for rafting, ranked by National Geographic as one of the top 10 for whitewater rafting in the world. It is is a class-III and -IV river takes you along a series of heart-pounding rapids, amid a spectacular natural setting.
You won’t run out of things to do in Costa Rica; you could easily spend a week and not see even half of the attractions. Start planning your second trip! For trip planning services please contact Tour Costa Rica and Pacuare Lodge firstname.lastname@example.org | www.tourcostarica.com